Everything is available in digital form from movies to newspapers to media. Today’s world means we need quick and easy access to be able to perform well both in school and in the workplace. Gone are the days of DVD players, CD drives, and cumbersome books. Everything can be seamlessly accessed on our phones, computers, and tablets. Though phones are readily accessible, they are often not large enough to perform tasks and activities such as notetaking, project management, or media consumption without some inconvenience. Laptops offer some solution but are often bulky and not convenient for everyday portability. Tablets are often the happy medium between carrying a laptop and using a phone with a display that is too small and might not have the specifications to handle more demanding tasks. Below we list some of the advantages of owning one of the best tablets under 300.
The Benefits of Owning a Tablet
The core benefit of using a tablet is its ability to drastically increase productivity. In the workplace, tablets can be used in meetings (without the added distraction of looking down at a laptop display, as a second screen, to check email, to read important reference material, while simultaneously keeping track of any new important messages. For students, it offers the ability to take notes or in lieu of carrying loads of textbooks that are part of daily school life. Tablets are also great for media consumption, such a Netflix, gaming, and other multimedia activities. They are efficient when it comes to battery life and often charge up and retain the charge far longer then laptops. Another large benefit is their adaptability. You can easily switch from work to entertainment and add additional accessories such as keyboards or a mouse or even a microphone or instruments for recording. Best of all they can be found at affordable prices.
Here are our top suggestions to help you chose the best tablets under 300.
How We Chose Our Ratings
The best tablets under 300 featured on the list were rated based on quality, durability, customer reviews, and the overall functionality of the device. We also considered the popularity of the blogs as a proof of their authenticity and authority. We always rate our examples honestly based on our experience and strive for accuracy by verifying the sources we use for the examples that we choose to use.
The 10 Best Tablets for Your Budget
- 8" IPS Display (2048 x 1536) with Corning Gorilla Glass3 and ASUS True2Life+ technology for premium visual experience
- Intel Atom Z3580 Super Quad-Core, 64bit, 2.3GHz
- 4G RAM, 64G Onboard Storage
The Asus ZenPad S8 is a sleek, well-designed android tablet that carries a surprising amount of hardware specifications for the low price. It is considered one of the best, if not the best, tablets on the market for under $300. The Asus ZenPad S8 is the only tablet for this price that has the industry standard of 4G of RAM. It has an inbuilt storage of 64GB with the option of expanding this storage to a whopping 128GB with the use of its microSD card slot. It is solid enough to handle wear and tear and to manage demanding multitasking such as gaming and video play. It has a high-definition 8-inch IPS display with QXGA resolution.The Asus ZenPad S8 puts out more than what you pay and fits well into any budget. This is one of the best tables under 300 dollars.
The Apple iPad 2017 Model is a premium Apple tablet that represents the signature balance between solid performance and a gorgeous metallic unibody design. Though it might not have the impressive specifications of other tablets in its price range, it makes up for it with top notch performance of apps and games that is far better than that of androids in the same market. It has 2GB of RAM which is able to sustain the ability to easily switch between different apps and activities. Its Apple’s 3rd Generation A9 chip allows for quality video-editing, gaming, and other highly demanding activities. Its only drawback is its low inbuilt storage of 32GB. These are the best tablets under 300 for those who need a portable means to manage and editphotos, videos, and other multimedia.
- 9.7" 2K IPS Display (2048 x 1536) with ASUS TruVivid technology for better visual experience and Corning Gorilla Glass 3...
- Powerful dual Core ARM Cortex 2.1 GHz combined with quad Core ARM Cortex 1.7 GHz, 64 bit MediaTek processor. 10 hours...
- Easily handle games and speed up productivity with super-fast hexa-core processor, 4GB RAM, 64GB storage and IMG GX6250...
The ASUS ZenPad 3S is the perfect fit for any student or business person looking for a great looking, stylish, and durable tablet on a budget. It’s excellent for everyday use with a 9.7-inch 2K display, which allows for bright color display and viewing from various angles. It offers an integrated graphics processor for gaming under its hood. The processor lends to an immersive gaming experience and the ability to play the latest games. The ASUS ZenPad 3S has a MediaTek MT8176 Hexa-core chipset and 4GB of RAM making it really responsive and quick. To top it off, it can hold a charge for up to ten hours. “Comparing it with Apple’s iPad Pro, the ZenPad 10S comes at half the price of iPad Pro with the same screen size and resolution and is also thinner and lighter in weight. The ZenPad 10S comes with 64GB of internal storage, that is double of iPad Pro’s base model and you can also further expand it up to 128GB.” – Tablets Under Budget This is one of the best tablets under 300 for gamers and everyday users.
- 1.6 GHz exynos 7870 octa core Processor. 10.1" wuxga Display, 8Mp rear camera + 2Mp front camera
- Os: android 6.0 Marshmallow. Battery Type and Size:Li Ion 7,300mAh
- 2GB of RAM + 16GB. Bluetooth profiles: A2DP,AVRCP,DI,HID,HOGP,HSP,OPP,PAN
The Samsung Galaxy Tab A is a super light, general purpose tablet that is great for children or for home use. Arguably one of the best features is the inclusion of a subscription to Samssung’s Kids, which gives you access to games, apps, and books that are specifically designed for children so they can learn on their own using the tablet. The Samsung Galaxy Tab A allows you to set time limits and security blocks for the safety of your children. It has a 10.1-inch resolution display which allows for both indoor and outdoor use. It has an 8MP rear camera and 2MP front camera for video calling and high-quality photos and 16GB of inbuilt storage. It also has a microSP card slot so you can expand the storage to a whopping 128GB. It can run for an impressive 13 hours on just one charge.
This is a great tablet for children and all-purpose use.
- THEATER-LIKE MULTIMEDIA: 10-inch tablet has a brilliant FHD display with booming Dolby Atmos Audio and built-in...
- TABLET FOR KIDS: Transform to a kids tablet with Lenovo Kid's Pack, including a shock-resistant bumper, blue-light...
- MULTI-ACCOUNT: With multi-user and multi-space functionality, use the enhanced security fingerprint scanning technology...
The Lenovo Tab 4 Plus has the Android 7.0 Nougat which allows for seamless switching between apps and tasks. With one charge, the tablet will run for up to 11 hours and has a dedicated Adreno 506 GPU which upgrades its performance with games, handling the latest games with ease. Microsoft Office comes preinstalled, making it great for school or business and its 10.1”, 1920 x 1200 pixels resolution display lends to bright, vivid, slightly saturated color display. The Lenovo Tab 4 Plus supports cellular connectivity so you can use it even without an available WiFi connection. This is one of the best tablets under 300 for general use.
- 8.4-inch tablet that boasts a proprietary HI Silicon octa-core processor and high-speed Wi-Fi network...
- Features a 2560 x 1600 pixel IPS display; 8 MP front & rear camera and HD video; high-speed Internet connectivity (does...
- Tuned and certified by Harman/Kardon to provide a paramount audio and video experience, as well as support HiFi...
The Huawei MediaPad M3 is a good representation of one of the best reasons to own a tablet – the easy consumption of media. To that purpose, the Huawei MediaPad M3 Harman-Kardon loud speakers and a sharp display. Its display is 8.4-inch IPS LCD and has a resolution of 2560 x 1500 pixels.
This tablet offers flawless gaming and multi-tasking with its Hi-Silicon Octa-Core processor and 4GB of RAM. It holds a single charge for up to 10 hours and is the more affordable alternative to the Apple Mini 4. The Huawei MediaPad M3 is one of the best tablets under 300 for media-consumption.
- Windows 10, 10.8-Inch Display.
- Processor Quad Core Intel Atom Z8700 1.6Ghz (2.4 GHz burst speed) Processor.
- 64 GB Flash Storage, 2 GB RAM.Surface 3 has up to 10 hours of battery life for video playback so you can work, browse,...
The Microsoft Surface 3 seems to be a favorite among students for its portability, ease of use, and the ability to complete assignments and take notes. It runs with Microsoft 10 and has 3.0USB port and HDMI port. This allows for the use of a keyboard or mouse, adding to ease of use. One of its best features is its 10.8-inch Full HD Muti-touch display. “Amazing sound machine! I love all the great sounds to choose from, and the best feature is, it goes all night long, which is great for our baby who uses this. So great for drowning out his noisy sisters and the quiet sounds of the house at night. Really great quality, and I appreciate the wide range of volume control.” – Amazon Reviewer
- Apple iOS 8, 7.9-Inch Retina Display; 2048x1536 Resolution; Up to 10 Hours of Battery Life
- A7 Chip with 64-bit Architecture; M7 Motion Coprocessor
- Wi-Fi (802.11a, b, g, n); 16 GB Capacity
The Apple iPad Mini 3 is similar to its former variant, the Apple iPad Mini 2, except that this version includes the Touch ID and the gold color version. An Amazon customer had this to say about the Apple iPad Mini 3. “I’ve had the full sized Apple iPad with Retina Display for about a year and a half and have found that both my wife and I use it so frequently that getting a second iPad made sense…. I selected the iPad mini version this time because I felt that the smaller size would be nice, and with the retina display I knew that the display quality would be excellent. It is also quite a bit less expensive (than the full-size iPad) and for an impulse buy, that helps.” This tablet is best for those who are loyal Apple fans.
- Versatile Windows 10 device with keyboard and pen included, 2-in-1 functionality: use as both laptop and tablet
- All day battery life, rated up to 12 hours of video playback; 128GB Solid State storage; Webcam: 2MP Web Camera
- Latest Intel Atom Quad Core x5-Z8350 Processor with 4GB RAM for fast and efficient performance
A user of the Asus Transformer Mini 10.1 on Amazon stated this. “For the price I paid, it’s definitely a great value when compared to a Surface Pro. Detachable keyboard, stylus included, and fairly good build quality especially for the price. No, it’s not a blazing fast processor, but it’s perfectly adequate for web surfing, watching videos, and light tasks. The portability combined with the ability to detach the keyboard is a huge selling point given that one of the closest competitors is the MS Surface which is in a completely different category for price. The battery life has been very good as well, due to the low stressed processor. Overall, if the reliability holds up this is a solid device.”
- Fully Compatible with ATT. Other GSM Providers need to check with the network provider for compatibility of the device....
- 4G LTE Bands 1,2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12, 29, and 30. 4G HSPA with enhanced black haul. 3G UMTS 850/1900/2100Mhz
- 8.0" Full HD IPS Display Immerse yourself! See true colors, sharp text, and vibrant images come to life on the nearly...
The LG GPad X has unique features such as reader mode and dual support. It is beautifully designed with a plastic casing that has the look of a metallic case. It has an inbuilt storage of 32GB with the ability to expand this with the use of a microSD card. The LG GPad X has a 8-inch display with a 1920 x 1200 pixels resolution and 2GB of RAM. This gives it a relatively good display and smooth performance for everyday multitasking. This is one of the best tablets under 300 period and will be worth very cent spent.
Buyers Guide – What to Consider When Buying a Tablet
When buying a tablet, consider what tasks you will be using it for. If your buying your tablet for home use or for children then you need to make sure it has the security features that you would need for safety as well as a durable design. If you are a gamer, you want to make sure the display and resolution is what you need for an immersive experience. You would also need a tablet with a dedicated graphics processor. A professional or student might like a tablet with a touch screen and the ability to take notes with a stylus. With this guide, you will be able to buy the best tablets under 300 for increased productivity and enjoyment. Happy hunting!