The overexposure of ultraviolet rays from sun leads to sunburn which cannot be avoided during summer. The sun burn results in itches, pain, rashes, scars, freckles and wrinkles. Moreover it may bring permanent health issues. For those people who are worried about this problem coconut oil can be the best solution. After hearing this you may think, is coconut oil good for sunburn yes it has the amazing healing power and you can get relief in overnight. If you want to know how to use coconut oil on sunburns then you have to take a look at the following section. In this article we have discussed about the topic coconut oil for sunburn which will be helpful for you to prevent your skin from these kinds of issue.
Methods of using coconut oil for sunburn
Coconut oil is an amazing moisturizer that prevents your skin from dryness and other kinds of damages. You can apply it on your skin after taking both to make your skin smoother as it never before. In the below section we have described the methods of using coconut oil for sunburn relief which enables you to get the immediate result and allows you to protect your skin from allergies.
Read Also: Coconut oil pulling
In this method you need only three ingredients such as coconut oil, aloe vera and lavender oil to heal your skin from sunburn. What you have to do is just take one spoon of coconut oil in a bowl. There is no need to heat it because it will melt when you mix it up with other two ingredients. After that squeeze the aloe vera well and combine it with coconut oil. Finally add the lavender oil around 8 to 10 drops and mix it well to make it as paste.
Start applying it on your sunburn areas directly using spatula or any other soft material. Try to rub it rather than applying simply to get immediate relief from the itches. You can apply it throughout your body which will make your skin feel fantastic. While doing it make sure to sit under a towel as the coconut oil melts otherwise it will spill everywhere.
To get instant relief from sunburn you can make use of this method which works quick on your itches. The coconut oil act as a sunscreen in preventing your damaged skin and you can get rid of it in overnight. To do this you need to make use of three things washcloths, organic coconut oil and apple cider vinegar. It is simple to do and will give you the best result. Take the washcloth and wet it in cold water. Then splash some apple cider vinegar on the wet washcloth. Dab the cloth on your sunburn and let it soak in the skin for some time.
After few minutes rub and apply some coconut oil on the sunburn area which makes you feel good when the oil is absorbed by your skin. Do this in night and you will see the immediate relief in the morning. Do the same for two days you will not find any itches and your sunburn will be completely healed. You can also make use of lavender oil or peppermint essential oil along with the coconut oil to heal the burn.
This method can be the natural sunburn remedy for successful healing which make use of coconut oil. It can be the great oil for sunburn itch and contains Vitamin D which most of our skin needs. All you need is apple cider vinegar, spray bottle and pure coconut oil. Just mix little amount of apple cider vinegar along with the cold water and shake it well. Spray the mixture on the sunburn area. Use towel to dab the flowing liquid and let it dry for some time. After it has dried apply the pure coconut oil to get immediate sunburn relief. It will act as a sunscreen lotion and heal your damaged skin quickly.
Must Read: How to remove gel nail polish at home
Tips to use coconut oil for skin care
Coconut oil is an amazing healing agent that will help you to get rid of various skin issues like dryness, discomfort from peeling and more. If you apply it regularly then your skin will become smooth and shiny. Here are some of the tips to make use of coconut oil for skin care.
- Apply the pure coconut oil after taking bath to regenerate your skin from dryness which caused due to soap. Sometimes soap will wash away the natural protective layer in the skin thus make use of coconut oil to protect your skin.
- If you are planning to go out in the sun then just apply small amount of coconut oil on the exposure area to save from harm ultraviolet rays. Your skin will absorb the oil quickly so don’t worry about spreading in dress.
- You can make use of it on the cracked areas of your skin as it can heal the cracks soon and make your skin soft.
- When you are out from overexposure of sun rays then apply it immediately on your skin to avoid the suntan as it is the great oil for sunburn itch.
- If you are feeling that your skin is getting dry in winter then you can directly apply the coconut oil to avoid the dryness. You can see the skin absorbs oil easily and quickly so that you can get smooth as well as shiny skin.
- You can add some beneficial oil or herbs along with the coconut oil and massage which will help to invigorate your skin. You can do this once in a week regularly to get flawless glowing skin.
We hope you find this article useful in knowing methods for sunburn relief and other helpful information related to it. Please let us know some other tried remedies for sunburn you make use of in the following comments section and also share your thoughts about the above discussed topic.