The better way women find to relax them is to go to a health spa for steam room or sauna which enables them to reduce their stress. Both of the method involves in increasing the blood circulation and increase the heart beat. The main difference between sauna and steam room can be the nature of heat provided by them. Sauna provides dry heat with the stack of rocks using traditional method whereas steam room offers moist heat using the water. In this article we are going to discuss briefly about the sauna, steam room, various benefits of each one, sauna vs steam room and more in the following section.
When compared to the steam room sauna produce much heat to improve the blood circulation in your body. A sauna was originated in Finland and was referred to the Finnish bathhouse which makes use of water in hot stones to create steam. There are mainly two methods of sauna namely infrared saunas that make use of active carbon fibers or charcoals for heat and conventional saunas which warm air in the room for heat. In the sauna you can have benches to sit and enjoy the steam but usually the steam disappears quickly.
Read Also: Laxatives for weight loss
Benefits of sauna
- The saunas help in relaxing the muscles and enable you to relieve from tension thus it also minimize joint pain. This is most useful therapy for the people who are affected from the health issues like headaches, painful migraines, etc.
- It will soothe the endings of your nerve so you will not feel any pain easily and your whole body will become stable.
- You can go for sauna if you are facing much stress in your office or personally as it help you to relieve from any kind of stress.
- The heat that you get from sauna enables your body to feel relaxed and you will get better sleep. It will heat up your body and later on will release the increased melatonin from your body.
- It is great for lowering the blood pressure and relaxing muscle which also enable you to get the glowing pink skin.
A steam room is one of the ancient types of bathing which became popular in Rome and Greece. The steam room will produce maximum level of humidity by using the steam to produce heat. Usually these rooms are built with ceramic tiles and ceiling has to be slanted to avoid the dripping onto the bathers. Mostly steam room is preferred to create more sweat for the purpose of detoxification. Your body will lose the excess fat and unwanted water content from the body when sweating more thus steam room is suitable for the people who want to maintain their physical appearance.
Benefits of steam room
- The moisture heat from the steam room will opens the mucous membranes for relieving the pressure and the steam stays in room for longer period of time when compared to the sauna.
- This is suitable for those who are suffering from the health issues like bronchitis, asthma, etc as it minimizes the fat content of your body through sweat.
- It will improve the breathing of the bathers so that you will not end up in any king of problems due to the excess heat prevailing inside the room.
- This is one of the suitable methods for weight loss as it increases the metabolism in your body. Even the sweating will help in weight loss which cannot be achieved in sauna.
- You can also cleanse and remove the toxins in your body using the steam room which is the main advantage that you receive.
Steam Room vs sauna
Here you can find some of the difference between sauna and steam room which help you in deciding the type of heat bath you would like to take. Just check out sauna vs steam room in the following section.
- You can get both wet and dry sessions from sauna whereas steam room will offer only the wet session.
- Usually sauna makes use of stove to generate the heat but steam room makes use of the external steam generation.
- Sauna is suitable for the people who do not like moist heat as they can prefer the dry one. People who do not like to have dry session prefer steam room.
- The walls of sauna are usually made of wood which also has the seating table in wood but the wall of steam room is made of glass to promote the moist heat.
- Sometimes excessive heat will bother the humidity and you will feel like thirst in sauna whereas over heat in steam room will lead to excessive thirst, rapid heartbeat, dizziness, etc.
Must Read: Acupuncture for weight loss
The major similarity that you can get from both steam room and sauna is they increase the circulation to promote healthy skin and you will gain energy. Other than health they also offer various benefits for your skin which could not be achieved in any other things. Whether it is wet or dry heat bath you have to be sure about the temperature of the room as the excessive temperature will sometimes create bad effects on your skin as well as on your health. This is the main thing that you have to consider and make sure before entering into the room. Moreover steam room also enables you to lose certain weight by excessive sweating and enables you to stay fit for longer period of time.
That’s it about the sauna vs steam room, we hope you find this article useful in getting some information about sauna as well as steam room. Please let us know your feedback in the following comments section which will be useful for other users also.