A lot of thought goes into picking the best longboard brands. Some of the factors to consider are the overall price, availability of accessories, warranty period, and construction materials. This article is going to cover six of the best brands and offer a detailed overview of the pros and cons of each brand. We will list them based on their starting price.
Also, the following products are listed from the most affordable to the most expensive one.
1: Landyachtz Longboards
Landyachtz is among one of the best longboard brands to consider. Their boards come with a one-year warranty against manufacturer defects. In terms of construction materials, many of their boards have eco-friendly materials that hold up well under extended use.
They also have a program called “One Board, One Tree” that is great news for users who are concerned about the environment.
- Environmentally sustainable manufacturing process.
- Ample warranty coverage period.
- Several beautiful designs.
- Multiple longboard sizes.
- Warranty is a bit picky about damage from impacts.
- Wheels are prone to scratching.
- Accessories choices for boards are very limited.
Price: starts at $133.
2: Earthwing Longboards
Earthwing is another one of the best longboard brands available.Their website features a wide range of interesting artistic designs in various colors. The two main deck styles their website features are the Payback decks and Earthwing decks.
Both of them feature multiple layers for added durability. In terms of wheel selection, they have plenty of options available that have the perfect balance of traction and maneuverability.
- Wide selection of styles with various character designs.
- Wheels feature high-quality construction and easy gliding technology.
- Perfect for users who prefer to customize their boards.
- All boards are made in the United States.
- No complete board options are available.
- Starting price is much higher when accessories are added in.
- 30-day warranty period is too short.
Price: starts at $149.
3: Arbor Skateboards
Arbor Skateboards is among the best longboard brands available for shoppers who care about the environment. One of their most unique features is the sucrose initiative. This program aims to reduce the use of petroleum products in their wheel components.
They offer three different formulas that provide varying levels of resistance for a custom riding experience. Another one of their most prominent features is their beautiful wood board designs.
- Several environmentally friendly production techniques.
- Beautiful wood grain patterns.
- Multiple wheel formulas are available.
- One-year warranty period.
- A plethora of wheel choices is somewhat difficult to navigate.
- Care is needed to protect the decorative board designs from scuffs.
- Lack of bearing choices.
Price: starts at $168.76.
4: Comet Longboards
Another one of the best longboard brands to consider is Comet. They have a unique manufacturing process that utilizes extreme pressure and high temperatures to create longboards that are very durable.
The artwork is hand printed and sealed with a special environmentally safe resin that protects the image from scratches and scuffs. Another popular feature is the one-year warranty period.
- The artwork is applied by hand and sealed with special resin.
- One-year warranty period offers peace of mind.
- Multiple size and style options are available.
- Boards are lightweight and durable.
- Limited accessory selections.
- Price for a complete board is slightly higher.
- Warranty does not cover grip tape or components.
Price: starts at $229.99.
5: Loaded Longboards
Loaded is another one of the best longboard brands available. One of their most popular features is their new Poron Pushin Cushion. This technology mounts directly under the grip tape and provides an additional layer of support and comfort for extended riding.
They also have a broad range of custom mounting accessories to browse as well. This is definitely the brand for skaters who prefer maximum customizability.
- Poron Pushin Cushion is extremely comfortable and easy to mount.
- Wide selection of accessories available.
- Multiple style choices to choose from.
- Most boards come in different sizes.
- Matching the right accessory to your board is somewhat difficult.
- Not as many low-lying board options available.
- Pricing goes up significantly as customizations are made.
Price: starts at $287.
6: Rayne Longboards
Another one of the best longboard brands to consider is Ranye. One of their most unique features is their three different flex patterns: Elasta Flex, Firm Flex, and Speed Stiff. Each style has varying levels of traction and maneuverability.
They also have strong bamboo cores that hold up well under extended use and are extremely lightweight. In terms of design, they offer quite a few colorful style choices as well.
- Multiple flex designs ensure an even ride based on user preference.
- The bamboo core is extremely durable and lightweight.
- Plenty of styles and graphic designs to choose from.
- Several different sizes are available.
- Many boards are for the longboard only on Amazon.
- Complete board prices are significantly higher.
- The backing process requires replacement regularly.
Price: starts at $311.95.
Putting It All Together
All of the longboard brands covered in this article put a lot of hard work into their board designs. Some are better suited for custom board creation, and some are more environmentally friendly than others. Take your time browsing the available brands and pick the best one for you. Once you’ve tried out your new board, tell us about your experience.