When it comes to the top dog toys, you have no shortage of options to choose from.
Whether you need chewy toys, indestructible dog toys, or something fresh and interesting, this list has you covered.
You’ll just need to figure out which toys work and which flop.
Indestructible Dog Toys for Tough Guys
Just a few years ago, if you needed an indestructible toy for your dog there weren’t many options. The only thing available was the heavy-duty rubber red Kong toy.
This meant energetic dogs were doomed to playing with one toy over and over unless their owners could fashion something themselves. Creating your own dog toy isn’t always safe because if your dog likes to chew and destroy things, this could impose a choking hazard – yikes.
Fortunately, manufacturers have figured out how to create indestructible toys over the years. Now, several plush and rope options exist for your friend to have something colorful, soft, and fun to play with.
Although, they’ll still probably try to figure out a way to destroy them. (Good luck with that.)
- Kong Cozies Squeak Toy: The indestructible brand you trust now offers plush squeaky toys.
- Braided Toys: These come in all shapes and sizes and are much less likely to degrade after hours (or weeks) of chewing.
- Stuffing-less Toys: Lots of manufacturers now make plush toys without stuffing so you don’t have to worry about that annoying clean-up.
- Gnawt-a-Rock: Got a dog who loves to chew on rocks? Give her this instead. It’s made of heavy-duty rubber and has a hole to dispense treats.
The Freshest Top Dog Toys to Hit the Market
The pet industry is a huge market for startups – everyone thinks they can figure it out better than the last.
For consumers, this means lots of fresh and interesting new toys for your dog. From novelty gadgets to updates on old favorites, something new is always around the corner.
Who loves these novelty toys more: the dogs or the owners?
- iDogmate automatic tennis ball launcher: This remote-controlled gadget launches tennis balls a whopping 30-feet and is battery operated. It’s a win-win for you and your dog.
- Smart Pet Behavioral Aid: This snuggly toy mimics a soft heartbeat and includes a warming function to reduce anxiety and encourage proper sleep.
- Zogoflex Tug Toy: The Zogoflex offers innovation on the modest tug-of-war with a unique “S” shape design.
- Trixie Interactive Toy: This exciting toy is perfect for pets that get bored. Your cat might even want in on the action.
Chewy Toys for Dogs to Reduce Stress and Improve Teeth
Chewy toys aren’t just fun to play with: they’re great for a number of reasons.
- Reducing stress in anxious dogs
- Encouraging healthy chew habits (giving your shoes and furniture a break)
- Maintaining proper oral health in gums, teeth, and breath
Plus, there are a ton of options when it comes to chewy toys so your dog will never get bored.
- Benebone Chews: These chew toys aren’t edible but they’re flavored so they taste great and last a lot longer than standard options.
- Raw Marrow Bones: You might need to check your local supply store for these – but your dog will thank you.
- Nylabone: This heavy-duty toy cleans your dog’s teeth while stimulating her imagination with bright colors.
- Mammoth Flossy Chews: Every dog needs a high-quality rope toy to drag around.
Must-Have Puppy Toys for Ultimate Fun
Puppies are full of energy and love getting into everything. Puppy toys aren’t just nice to have: they’re vital for keeping your home and wardrobe intact.
When your little guy is just learning how his teeth work, it’s important to encourage healthy habits. He needs to know that he has something of his own to chew and play with so he won’t go straight for your shoes.
If you don’t give him puppy toys, he’s going to find something else to play with. This could end up being your couch or cat. Either way, avoid this hassle by loading him up with some high-quality puppy toys.
- Kong Teething Stick: It provides a unique shape with special grooves to soothe sore gums.
- Nylabone Teething Ring: This adorable toy looks just like a baby’s favorite set of keys.
- Loofa Dog Plush Toy: The squeaker, soft exterior, and bright colors give your pup all the excitement they crave.
- Kong Puppy Flyer: The best part of having a dog is playing fetch and this heavy-duty flyer from Kong is perfect for just that.
Selecting the Best Toys for Your Best Friend
Every dog is unique so each pup requires different types of toys.
Some dogs may love chewy toys while others require indestructible dog toys. You’ll have to pay attention to how your dog plays so you can decide which toys are best.
Either way, you have plenty of options when it comes to selecting the top dog toys for your best friend.